Slash's Personal Collections Will Be Auctioned
Rocker Slash's beloved Corvette Stingray, two of his trademark top hats and a collection of his guitars are set to go under the hammer at an auction next month.
The former "Guns N' Roses" guitarist is selling a wide range of belongings, including exotic Southeast Asian furniture, customized clothing and rock memorabilia through Julien's Auctions. He's also selling model dinosaurs, jewelery and 14 guitars, including the Guild acoustic on which he recorded Guns N' Roses 1989 ballad 'Patience'.
The star lot is Slash's 1966 Corvette Stingray, which he describes as a "monster of a car" and is expected to fetch at least $90,000 when it goes under the hammer. The vehicle has been sitting in storage, but Slash admits he struggled to let go of it since it was the first set of wheels he purchased after finding fame with the "Welcome to the Jungle" hit makers.
He tells Reuters, "I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use (but) I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular." A share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to a charity for abused and homeless teens.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation