Slash's Personal Collections Will Be Auctioned
Rocker Slash's beloved Corvette Stingray, two of his trademark top hats and a collection of his guitars are set to go under the hammer at an auction next month.
The former "Guns N' Roses" guitarist is selling a wide range of belongings, including exotic Southeast Asian furniture, customized clothing and rock memorabilia through Julien's Auctions. He's also selling model dinosaurs, jewelery and 14 guitars, including the Guild acoustic on which he recorded Guns N' Roses 1989 ballad 'Patience'.
The star lot is Slash's 1966 Corvette Stingray, which he describes as a "monster of a car" and is expected to fetch at least $90,000 when it goes under the hammer. The vehicle has been sitting in storage, but Slash admits he struggled to let go of it since it was the first set of wheels he purchased after finding fame with the "Welcome to the Jungle" hit makers.
He tells Reuters, "I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use (but) I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular." A share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to a charity for abused and homeless teens.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie