Slash's Personal Collections Will Be Auctioned
Rocker Slash's beloved Corvette Stingray, two of his trademark top hats and a collection of his guitars are set to go under the hammer at an auction next month.
The former "Guns N' Roses" guitarist is selling a wide range of belongings, including exotic Southeast Asian furniture, customized clothing and rock memorabilia through Julien's Auctions. He's also selling model dinosaurs, jewelery and 14 guitars, including the Guild acoustic on which he recorded Guns N' Roses 1989 ballad 'Patience'.
The star lot is Slash's 1966 Corvette Stingray, which he describes as a "monster of a car" and is expected to fetch at least $90,000 when it goes under the hammer. The vehicle has been sitting in storage, but Slash admits he struggled to let go of it since it was the first set of wheels he purchased after finding fame with the "Welcome to the Jungle" hit makers.
He tells Reuters, "I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use (but) I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular." A share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to a charity for abused and homeless teens.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage