Slash's Personal Collections Will Be Auctioned
Rocker Slash's beloved Corvette Stingray, two of his trademark top hats and a collection of his guitars are set to go under the hammer at an auction next month.
The former "Guns N' Roses" guitarist is selling a wide range of belongings, including exotic Southeast Asian furniture, customized clothing and rock memorabilia through Julien's Auctions. He's also selling model dinosaurs, jewelery and 14 guitars, including the Guild acoustic on which he recorded Guns N' Roses 1989 ballad 'Patience'.
The star lot is Slash's 1966 Corvette Stingray, which he describes as a "monster of a car" and is expected to fetch at least $90,000 when it goes under the hammer. The vehicle has been sitting in storage, but Slash admits he struggled to let go of it since it was the first set of wheels he purchased after finding fame with the "Welcome to the Jungle" hit makers.
He tells Reuters, "I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use (but) I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular." A share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to a charity for abused and homeless teens.
- Snoop Dogg Denies Mocking His 'Nephew' Young Thug in 'Moment I Feared' Video
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 9 Finale: Does Your Favorite Win?
- Kesha's Mother Admits She Has No Firsthand Personal Knowledge of Alleged Rape by Dr. Luke
- Meet Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes' Youngest Daughter Amada
- Tyga Premieres Fun Video for 'Flossin' Featuring His Son King Cairo
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs