Slash's Personal Collections Will Be Auctioned
Rocker Slash's beloved Corvette Stingray, two of his trademark top hats and a collection of his guitars are set to go under the hammer at an auction next month.
The former "Guns N' Roses" guitarist is selling a wide range of belongings, including exotic Southeast Asian furniture, customized clothing and rock memorabilia through Julien's Auctions. He's also selling model dinosaurs, jewelery and 14 guitars, including the Guild acoustic on which he recorded Guns N' Roses 1989 ballad 'Patience'.
The star lot is Slash's 1966 Corvette Stingray, which he describes as a "monster of a car" and is expected to fetch at least $90,000 when it goes under the hammer. The vehicle has been sitting in storage, but Slash admits he struggled to let go of it since it was the first set of wheels he purchased after finding fame with the "Welcome to the Jungle" hit makers.
He tells Reuters, "I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use (but) I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular." A share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to a charity for abused and homeless teens.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding