Rep Denies Eminem Threatening to Snub Future Grammy
A representative for Eminem has shot down reports suggesting the rap superstar is threatening to boycott future Grammy Awards ceremonies after only landing two of the 10 honors he was nominated for this year. The hip-hop star led the competition going into Sunday's, February 13 event, with mentions in categories including Record of the Year ("Love the Way You Lie") and Album of the Year ("Recovery"). He also gave one of the night's most anticipated performances, teaming up onstage with Rihanna and rap legend Dr. Dre.
But Eminem went home with just two gongs in the rap categories - and lost out to the likes of Lady Antebellum and Arcade Fire in the top categories. Reports alleged Eminem was "so p**sed" at missing out on the big awards after flying in to Los Angeles from his native Detroit, Michigan, especially for the prize-giving, he was unlikely to return for future Grammy Awards, which are voted for the members of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
A source tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "He got iced out. He did the Grammy people a solid favor by coming in from Detroit and performing. They egged him on and gave him the impression it would be a big night for him. Best Rap Album and Best Solo Rap Performance are nice awards, but not the big ones. It will take a lot of effort on their part to get him and Dr. Dre back to the Grammys to perform."
But a spokesperson for Eminem has hit out at the claims. The rep says, "This is untrue. He was happy to be there and perform with Dre. Voting is voting, and there's only so much you can do about that."
Justin Bieber has also responded to reports suggesting he was more than a little upset about losing the Best New Artist award to little-know jazz performer Esperanza Spalding. Spalding became the first jazz act to win the award.
Appearing on Monday's "Conan" show in America, the Baby singer confessed he was "disappointed" but he understood and congratulated Spalding on her victory.
More Eminem News
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts