Rep Denies Eminem Threatening to Snub Future Grammy
A representative for Eminem has shot down reports suggesting the rap superstar is threatening to boycott future Grammy Awards ceremonies after only landing two of the 10 honors he was nominated for this year. The hip-hop star led the competition going into Sunday's, February 13 event, with mentions in categories including Record of the Year ("Love the Way You Lie") and Album of the Year ("Recovery"). He also gave one of the night's most anticipated performances, teaming up onstage with Rihanna and rap legend Dr. Dre.
But Eminem went home with just two gongs in the rap categories - and lost out to the likes of Lady Antebellum and Arcade Fire in the top categories. Reports alleged Eminem was "so p**sed" at missing out on the big awards after flying in to Los Angeles from his native Detroit, Michigan, especially for the prize-giving, he was unlikely to return for future Grammy Awards, which are voted for the members of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
A source tells the New York Post's Page Six column, "He got iced out. He did the Grammy people a solid favor by coming in from Detroit and performing. They egged him on and gave him the impression it would be a big night for him. Best Rap Album and Best Solo Rap Performance are nice awards, but not the big ones. It will take a lot of effort on their part to get him and Dr. Dre back to the Grammys to perform."
But a spokesperson for Eminem has hit out at the claims. The rep says, "This is untrue. He was happy to be there and perform with Dre. Voting is voting, and there's only so much you can do about that."
Justin Bieber has also responded to reports suggesting he was more than a little upset about losing the Best New Artist award to little-know jazz performer Esperanza Spalding. Spalding became the first jazz act to win the award.
Appearing on Monday's "Conan" show in America, the Baby singer confessed he was "disappointed" but he understood and congratulated Spalding on her victory.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says