Lady GaGa Admits Throwing Costume Team Into Frenzy
Lady GaGa threw her design team into a panic in the run-up to her big performance at Sunday's Grammy Awards - she scrapped all the costumes two days before the ceremony because she didn't like them.
The "Paparazzi" hitmaker released her highly-anticipated single, "Born This Way", on Friday, February 11 and played it live for the first time at the prizegiving. GaGa admits her own sci-fi inspired look during the set and the nude-colored outfits her dancers sported onstage were last minute decisions - causing her fashion designers at Haus of Gaga to stay up all night preparing the costumes.
She tells U.S. talk show host Jay Leno, "I actually designed all the clothes for myself and the dancers, and it was two days before the performance, I changed everything because I didn't like the clothing. And I felt so bad because the Haus of GaGa was all red-eyed and up all night and I would be like, 'I hate it, we have to change everything!' And they would be like (squeaking), 'OK, OK.'"
But Gaga insists she only changed her mind at short notice because she wanted everyone to look part of one big team to emphasize the meaning behind "Born This Way". She says, "You know because they looked like dancers in the outfits we had and I'm so close with them, and Laurieann Gibson, my choreographer, everyone that's in the Haus of Gaga, all the creators, we're so close, everyone in the band, and I don't want them to feel like, the band and dancers behind me, because the performance of 'Born This Way' is nothing without all of them, it's about togetherness."
More Lady GaGa News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding