Lady GaGa Responds to Critics of 'Born This Way' Similarities to Madonna's Song
Lady GaGa has addressed accusations she ripped off Madonna's "Express Yourself" in her new single "Born This Way", insisting she's received the Queen of Pop's "complete support" over the track. The pop sensation sparked a huge buzz in the lead up to releasing her highly-anticipated track, which she hailed as an anthem for a new generation, on Friday, February 11.
But following the release, thousands of fans, as well as online critics, pointed out the track is almost identical to Madonna's 1989 classic. During an interview with U.S. chat show host Jay Leno, GaGa failed to dismiss the criticisms, but insisted the Material Girl has no issue with her song - and so neither should anybody else.
She said, "There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally. Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."
More Lady GaGa News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs