Lady GaGa Responds to Critics of 'Born This Way' Similarities to Madonna's Song
Lady GaGa has addressed accusations she ripped off Madonna's "Express Yourself" in her new single "Born This Way", insisting she's received the Queen of Pop's "complete support" over the track. The pop sensation sparked a huge buzz in the lead up to releasing her highly-anticipated track, which she hailed as an anthem for a new generation, on Friday, February 11.
But following the release, thousands of fans, as well as online critics, pointed out the track is almost identical to Madonna's 1989 classic. During an interview with U.S. chat show host Jay Leno, GaGa failed to dismiss the criticisms, but insisted the Material Girl has no issue with her song - and so neither should anybody else.
She said, "There is really no one that is a more adoring and loving Madonna fan than me. I am the hugest fan personally and professionally. Well, the good news is that I got an email from her people and her, sending me their love and complete support on behalf of the single and if the queen says it shall be, then it shall be."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation