Alleged Intruder on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Pleads Not Guilty
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has pleaded not guilty. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden in the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
The 49 year old was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and went before a Los Angeles court on Monday, February 14 to plead not guilty. According to prosecutors, she was allegedly hiding behind cushions on the house's deck just hours after she was asked to leave.
The judge told the suspect, "You end up in someone's backyard at 3 in the morning... then you are asked to leave... and you come back later with no legit purpose whatsoever and secrete yourself... you are probably up to no good. It only takes one time to be a threat."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones