Alleged Intruder on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Pleads Not Guilty
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has pleaded not guilty. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden in the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
The 49 year old was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and went before a Los Angeles court on Monday, February 14 to plead not guilty. According to prosecutors, she was allegedly hiding behind cushions on the house's deck just hours after she was asked to leave.
The judge told the suspect, "You end up in someone's backyard at 3 in the morning... then you are asked to leave... and you come back later with no legit purpose whatsoever and secrete yourself... you are probably up to no good. It only takes one time to be a threat."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'