Alleged Intruder on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Pleads Not Guilty
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has pleaded not guilty. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden in the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
The 49 year old was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and went before a Los Angeles court on Monday, February 14 to plead not guilty. According to prosecutors, she was allegedly hiding behind cushions on the house's deck just hours after she was asked to leave.
The judge told the suspect, "You end up in someone's backyard at 3 in the morning... then you are asked to leave... and you come back later with no legit purpose whatsoever and secrete yourself... you are probably up to no good. It only takes one time to be a threat."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked