Alleged Intruder on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Pleads Not Guilty
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has pleaded not guilty. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden in the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
The 49 year old was charged with misdemeanor trespassing and went before a Los Angeles court on Monday, February 14 to plead not guilty. According to prosecutors, she was allegedly hiding behind cushions on the house's deck just hours after she was asked to leave.
The judge told the suspect, "You end up in someone's backyard at 3 in the morning... then you are asked to leave... and you come back later with no legit purpose whatsoever and secrete yourself... you are probably up to no good. It only takes one time to be a threat."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'