El DeBarge Cancels Tour to Go to Rehab
R&B star El DeBarge has stalled his comeback and checked into rehab to address years of substance abuse. The "Rhythm of the Night" hitmaker, 49, has released a statement revealing he's taking a time out to finally fix his issues.
He says, "I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone." El Debarge was in the midst of a major comeback after putting his career on hold for 16 years. He released a new album, "Second Chance", last November.
He has postponed all scheduled performances on a tour with Kem and Ledisi, which was scheduled to start in Houston, Texas on Thursday, February 17. Musiq Soulchild will replace him on the bill.
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign