El DeBarge Cancels Tour to Go to Rehab
R&B star El DeBarge has stalled his comeback and checked into rehab to address years of substance abuse. The "Rhythm of the Night" hitmaker, 49, has released a statement revealing he's taking a time out to finally fix his issues.
He says, "I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone." El Debarge was in the midst of a major comeback after putting his career on hold for 16 years. He released a new album, "Second Chance", last November.
He has postponed all scheduled performances on a tour with Kem and Ledisi, which was scheduled to start in Houston, Texas on Thursday, February 17. Musiq Soulchild will replace him on the bill.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna