El DeBarge Cancels Tour to Go to Rehab
R&B star El DeBarge has stalled his comeback and checked into rehab to address years of substance abuse. The "Rhythm of the Night" hitmaker, 49, has released a statement revealing he's taking a time out to finally fix his issues.
He says, "I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone." El Debarge was in the midst of a major comeback after putting his career on hold for 16 years. He released a new album, "Second Chance", last November.
He has postponed all scheduled performances on a tour with Kem and Ledisi, which was scheduled to start in Houston, Texas on Thursday, February 17. Musiq Soulchild will replace him on the bill.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic