El DeBarge Cancels Tour to Go to Rehab
R&B star El DeBarge has stalled his comeback and checked into rehab to address years of substance abuse. The "Rhythm of the Night" hitmaker, 49, has released a statement revealing he's taking a time out to finally fix his issues.
He says, "I hate to disappoint my fans but it is necessary for me to take the time to work on me so that I may continue to share my music and my story with everyone." El Debarge was in the midst of a major comeback after putting his career on hold for 16 years. He released a new album, "Second Chance", last November.
He has postponed all scheduled performances on a tour with Kem and Ledisi, which was scheduled to start in Houston, Texas on Thursday, February 17. Musiq Soulchild will replace him on the bill.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell