Trespasser on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Charged
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has been charged with a misdemeanor following her arrest on Thursday, February 10. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden on the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
Police took Sjoden into custody and the 49-year-old suspect was charged on Monday, February 14. If convicted, the alleged intruder faces up to six months in jail, in addition to a fine of $1,000.
Ellen DeGeneres recently learned that she is a distant cousin to Kate Middleton. She has been joking about getting an invite to the royal wedding in April.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris