Trespasser on Ellen DeGeneres' Home Charged
A woman accused of trespassing on Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's Los Angeles property has been charged with a misdemeanor following her arrest on Thursday, February 10. Security guards at the couple's Beverly Hills compound found Karen Sjoden on the grounds of the stars' home, although she never entered the residence and did not get close to either the comedienne or the actress.
Police took Sjoden into custody and the 49-year-old suspect was charged on Monday, February 14. If convicted, the alleged intruder faces up to six months in jail, in addition to a fine of $1,000.
Ellen DeGeneres recently learned that she is a distant cousin to Kate Middleton. She has been joking about getting an invite to the royal wedding in April.
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease