Matt Damon Skipped 'Avatar' Due to Scheduling Issue
A scheduling conflict forced Matt Damon to turn down the chance to be part of the most successful film ever made - he said no to "Avatar". The actor admits he was in talks with director James Cameron to take the lead in the 2009 sci-fi epic but there wasn't enough time for him to take on the project in between "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Green Zone".
He reveals, "I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot." He continued, "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue."
Sam Worthington stepped in to replace the actor in the film.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway