Matt Damon Skipped 'Avatar' Due to Scheduling Issue
A scheduling conflict forced Matt Damon to turn down the chance to be part of the most successful film ever made - he said no to "Avatar". The actor admits he was in talks with director James Cameron to take the lead in the 2009 sci-fi epic but there wasn't enough time for him to take on the project in between "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Green Zone".
He reveals, "I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot." He continued, "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue."
Sam Worthington stepped in to replace the actor in the film.
More Matt Damon News
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host