Matt Damon Skipped 'Avatar' Due to Scheduling Issue
A scheduling conflict forced Matt Damon to turn down the chance to be part of the most successful film ever made - he said no to "Avatar". The actor admits he was in talks with director James Cameron to take the lead in the 2009 sci-fi epic but there wasn't enough time for him to take on the project in between "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Green Zone".
He reveals, "I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot." He continued, "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue."
Sam Worthington stepped in to replace the actor in the film.
More Matt Damon News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs