Matt Damon Skipped 'Avatar' Due to Scheduling Issue
A scheduling conflict forced Matt Damon to turn down the chance to be part of the most successful film ever made - he said no to "Avatar". The actor admits he was in talks with director James Cameron to take the lead in the 2009 sci-fi epic but there wasn't enough time for him to take on the project in between "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Green Zone".
He reveals, "I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot." He continued, "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue."
Sam Worthington stepped in to replace the actor in the film.
- Rob Kardashian Ready to Find Love on New Reality Show After Blac Chyna Split
- Khloe Kardashian Reveals Secret to Her Big and Perky Butt
- Disney Opens Up About Leia's Role, Han Solo Movie and the Future of 'Star Wars'
- Rihanna's Pals Begging Her to Stay Away From Chris Brown Amid Rumors Exes Are Reconnecting
- Elisabeth Moss Stands Up for Herself in 'Handmaid's Tale' Full Trailer
- Kendrick Lamar Goes After Donald Trump and Fellow Rapper on 'The Heart Part 4'
- New 'Alien: Covenant' Poster Features Xenomorphs Suffocating the Engineers
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne