Matt Damon Skipped 'Avatar' Due to Scheduling Issue
A scheduling conflict forced Matt Damon to turn down the chance to be part of the most successful film ever made - he said no to "Avatar". The actor admits he was in talks with director James Cameron to take the lead in the 2009 sci-fi epic but there wasn't enough time for him to take on the project in between "The Bourne Ultimatum" and "Green Zone".
He reveals, "I talked to Cameron and I read the script and I knew the movie was gonna be a big hit. I really wanted to do Avatar and work with Jim Cameron and watch him direct and learn a lot." He continued, "But we were finishing The Bourne Ultimatum and I couldn't leave; it was a scheduling issue."
Sam Worthington stepped in to replace the actor in the film.
More Matt Damon News
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'