Justin Bieber 'Disappointed' and 'Upset' Over Grammy Loss
Teen sensation Justin Bieber is "disappointed" and "upset" after missing out on a Grammy Award on Sunday night, February 13 - but he's adamant he'll scoop a top honor soon. The "Baby" hitmaker was nominated for the Best New Artist prize and Best Pop Vocal Album for "My World 2.0", but failed to win either honor, losing out to Esperanza Spalding and Lady GaGa respectively.
Bieber admits he's devastated by the snub - but he's vowed to take home a haul of trophies at next year's ceremony instead. He tells MTV News, "I had no clue what was going to happen; I worked really hard these past few years and you know, I'm not going to lie - I was disappointed. But, you know, I'm gonna come back (next year) and we'll take a few home. I'm inspired to work harder than I did last year. It's going to be hard, but I'm going to try."
And in a post on his Twitter.com blog, he writes, "Of course I wanted to win. It's been & still is a dream to win a Grammy. Was I upset... yes. But I was happy for her (Spalding) also... Someone said to me tonight it's not your successes that define u but your failures. I lost... but I don't plan on this being my last chance."
Bieber's mentor Usher also admits he had hoped the prizegiving would honor the teen star: "I wish Justin had won."
More Justin Bieber News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'