Justin Bieber 'Disappointed' and 'Upset' Over Grammy Loss
Teen sensation Justin Bieber is "disappointed" and "upset" after missing out on a Grammy Award on Sunday night, February 13 - but he's adamant he'll scoop a top honor soon. The "Baby" hitmaker was nominated for the Best New Artist prize and Best Pop Vocal Album for "My World 2.0", but failed to win either honor, losing out to Esperanza Spalding and Lady GaGa respectively.
Bieber admits he's devastated by the snub - but he's vowed to take home a haul of trophies at next year's ceremony instead. He tells MTV News, "I had no clue what was going to happen; I worked really hard these past few years and you know, I'm not going to lie - I was disappointed. But, you know, I'm gonna come back (next year) and we'll take a few home. I'm inspired to work harder than I did last year. It's going to be hard, but I'm going to try."
And in a post on his Twitter.com blog, he writes, "Of course I wanted to win. It's been & still is a dream to win a Grammy. Was I upset... yes. But I was happy for her (Spalding) also... Someone said to me tonight it's not your successes that define u but your failures. I lost... but I don't plan on this being my last chance."
Bieber's mentor Usher also admits he had hoped the prizegiving would honor the teen star: "I wish Justin had won."
More Justin Bieber News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'