Wyclef Jean and Sean Penn Settle Feud for Haiti
Wyclef Jean and Sean Penn are pals again - they've put their recent spat behind them in a united bid to promote aid efforts in Haiti. The Fugees star fell out with the "Milk" actor after Penn criticized him for running for presidency of the Caribbean nation after it was hit by a devastating earthquake last year.
He hit back by accusing Penn of drug abuse - but the pair made up after meeting by chance at a performance by Haitian band T-Vice in New York at the weekend, according to New York Post gossip column PageSix.
A source tells the publication, "They were both in the venue, and when they saw each other at around 1am, they started a confrontation. Things seemed pretty tense, and everyone around them was nervous. They then asked staff if they could go somewhere private, so they were led into a dressing room backstage where they could be alone and shut the door."
"They weren't yelling and screaming, but they had it out and aired their differences for 30 minutes. When they came out they hugged each other, they went onstage and stood side-by-side." Penn then confirmed the falling-out was over by paying tribute to Jean and Haitian presidential candidate Michel Martelly, telling the audience: "In Haiti, we have got an opportunity as Americans whether you are from Haitian diaspora or pr**ks like me... These two men beside me will lead the way if you support them... let's move on for some fun."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says