Jennifer Saunders Returns to TV After Fighting Cancer
Beloved British funny woman Jennifer Saunders is heading back to TV for the first time since her cancer fight.
The "Absolutely Fabulous" star was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009, but remained silent about her struggle until she was given the all-clear by doctors last June 2010.
Saunders has avoided the spotlight during her battle, only working on a Christmas radio show with comedy partner Dawn French while she recovered. But now the star is returning to the small screen in Britain for a nostalgia show called "What's So Funny About the... 90s?".
A source tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Jennifer is one of this country's most successful female comics, whether it's alongside Dawn French or in her hit sitcom "Ab Fab". It's a great thrill to get her back on the telly and everyone is delighted she's feeling well enough."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season