Neighbor Comes to D'arcy Wretzky's Defense in Wild Horses Case
Rocker D'arcy Wretzky's neighbor has spoken out in defense of the former The Smashing Pumpkins star after she was jailed for refusing to accept responsibility for her wild horses. The rocker is behind bars after missing a series of court appearances in relation to a 2009 animals running at large charge, after her horses broke free from her farm in Michigan.
Wretzky was cited for the incident but forgot to pay the fine and then skipped four consecutive court dates, leading to her arrest this week. But the bassist's neighbor, Debra Beebe, is baffled by the charge because the star's horses have only escaped from their enclosure once, and she's confident the incident has been blown out of proportion.
Beebe tells The Hollywood Reporter, "She and her horses have never bothered anyone here. I think this is overblown... Once when hers (horses) got out we helped them... But there have been no wild horses incident running through the town. Besides, we're in the country and not even in the town."
Wretzky is expected to be released on Monday, February 14.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones