Adam Sandler Sends Heartfelt Message to Cancer-Suffering Fan
Adam Sandler showed off his sensitive side when he appeared on U.S. TV on Friday, February 11 and sent out a heartfelt message to one of his biggest fans, who has been diagnosed with cancer. The "Big Daddy" star ended his interview on breakfast show "Today" by sending his best wishes to 15-year-old Kevin, who has been hospitalized in Boston, Massachusetts with leukaemia.
Looking directly into the camera, the funnyman said, "Kevin, I'm just thinking about ya, I love ya, I hope you get through this as quick as possible. You're on my mind, I hope to see ya, I hope you get well quick enough to fight me, 'cause I'm waiting for ya!"
In the same occasion, Adam Sandler talked about her recent Walk of Fame honor. He said he had no choice but to bring his two young children on stage as he celebrated his recent Walk of Fame honor in Hollywood - because they wouldn't let go of his hand. The "Waterboy" actor received the 2,431st star on the famous landmark earlier this month, but had his hands full as he struggled to keep his daughters Sadie, four, and Sunny, two, under control as the plaque was unveiled.
The girls even disrupted Sandler's acceptance speech, with Sunny attempting to grab the microphone, while Sadie clung to her father's leg. The funnyman laughed off the interruptions as he addressed the crowd, but Sandler now admits he never intended to have his kids join him in front of the cameras for his big moment - and only relented because he feared they would cry and cause a scene.
Speaking on U.S. breakfast show "Today" on Friday, he said, "They stole my thunder. I don't want my kids on television, any of that stuff. But I was holding their hands right before the ceremony and they get very attached to me when I'm with them. So I said, 'Alright, you go with mummy.' (They said), 'No, no daddy, I stay with you'."
"I kept walking closer and closer to the stage, and I just felt that if I was to say, 'Go away', they were gonna have a (tantrum) and I didn't want that on television! So I was just like, OK, these two crazy kids. And they stole the microphone from me."
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs