Dominic Cooper Replaces Joaquin Phoenix in 'Vampire Hunter'
"Mamma Mia!" star Dominic Cooper is in talks to replace Joaquin Phoenix in quirky new movie "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter". Bosses at 20th Century Fox are in final negotiations with the English actor to play opposite Benjamin Walker in the adaptation of the Seth Grahame-Smith cult novel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Walker landed the coveted role of President Abraham Lincoln last month. Cooper will reportedly play Henry Sturges, who mentors and trains Lincoln in the ways of vampire hunting. "The Hurt Locker" star Anthony Mackie is also rumored to be in talks to join the cast.
Story portrays the 16th president as an ax-throwing, highly trained vampire assassin.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner