Peggy Rea Passed Away at Age 89
The "Duke of Hazzard" star Peggy Rea has died. She was 89. The actress passed away after suffering congestive heart failure on Saturday, February 5 at her home in Toluca Lake, California, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Rea made her debut in "I Love Lucy" in 1953, but is best known for playing Boss Hogg's wife Lulu in "The Dukes of Hazzard".
She starred as Cousin Bertha in "All in the Family" and Rose Burtons on "The Waltons", working steadily to rack up TV credits in "The Golden Girls", "Bonanza", "MacGyver", "Step By Step" and "Grace Under Fire".Rea also appeared in feature films including "Cold Turkey", 'Made in America" and "In Country".
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered