Rihanna Agrees to Reduce Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
Rihanna's lawyers have agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the singer's ex-boyfriend Chris Brown after his lawyer complained it restricted his career. Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events.
Now, two years later, the "Kiss Kiss" star's restraining order has been modified to a level one, which would allow him to be in the same room as his ex and even speak with her - as long as he doesn't annoy, molest or harass her. Brown still has to complete 1,400 hours of community labor and he's still on probation for his attack on Rihanna, In court last month for a progress report, a Los Angeles judge announced that the singer had finished a year-long domestic violence class.
In related news, Rihanna is fighting to recover from a sore throat in time for the Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 13. The R&B beauty has been struck down with a bout of bronchitis and laryngitis but she's vowed to do everything she can to get better before music's biggest night - insisting the show means "everything" to her.
In a post on Twitter.com, she tells her followers: "Bronchitis and laryngitis boo! I'm still goin to (Grammy) rehearsals tho! Sunday is everything." The "Umbrella" hitmaker was due to perform five tracks at the Unforgettable Evening gala on Thursday, but she pulled out at the last minute to rest. She was replaced by Cee-Lo Green at the Women's Cancer Research Fund event in Los Angeles.
Rihanna was previously forced to axe her slot at the 2009 Grammys after she was attacked by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown at a pre-prizegiving party. Rihanna's single "Only Girl (In the World)" has been nominated for Best Dance Recording, while "Love the Way You Lie", her collaboration with Eminem, is up for three Grammys at this year's ceremony.
More Rihanna News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!