Rihanna Agrees to Reduce Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
Rihanna's lawyers have agreed to reduce the restraining order hanging over the singer's ex-boyfriend Chris Brown after his lawyer complained it restricted his career. Brown was found guilty of assaulting the "Umbrella" singer after a pre-Grammy Awards party in 2009 and as part of his punishment he was ordered to stay away from her at all times, including music events.
Now, two years later, the "Kiss Kiss" star's restraining order has been modified to a level one, which would allow him to be in the same room as his ex and even speak with her - as long as he doesn't annoy, molest or harass her. Brown still has to complete 1,400 hours of community labor and he's still on probation for his attack on Rihanna, In court last month for a progress report, a Los Angeles judge announced that the singer had finished a year-long domestic violence class.
In related news, Rihanna is fighting to recover from a sore throat in time for the Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 13. The R&B beauty has been struck down with a bout of bronchitis and laryngitis but she's vowed to do everything she can to get better before music's biggest night - insisting the show means "everything" to her.
In a post on Twitter.com, she tells her followers: "Bronchitis and laryngitis boo! I'm still goin to (Grammy) rehearsals tho! Sunday is everything." The "Umbrella" hitmaker was due to perform five tracks at the Unforgettable Evening gala on Thursday, but she pulled out at the last minute to rest. She was replaced by Cee-Lo Green at the Women's Cancer Research Fund event in Los Angeles.
Rihanna was previously forced to axe her slot at the 2009 Grammys after she was attacked by ex-boyfriend Chris Brown at a pre-prizegiving party. Rihanna's single "Only Girl (In the World)" has been nominated for Best Dance Recording, while "Love the Way You Lie", her collaboration with Eminem, is up for three Grammys at this year's ceremony.
More Rihanna News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce