Paul Gascoigne Gets Lucky, DUI Case Dropped
Shamed ex-soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been handed some good news - a drink-driving charge against him has been dropped. The troubled sportsman, who has battled a drinking problem for several years, was accused of driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit last February.
He was due to go on trial at Northallerton Magistrates' Court in North Yorkshire, England on Tuesday , February 15 but officials have confirmed the case has been dismissed. It is believed prosecutors ruled there was no chance of successfully prosecuting Gascoigne after a defense witness made a statement backing the 43 year old.
Gascoigne was handed an eight-week suspended prison term and a three-year driving ban in December after admitting a separate drink-driving charge, stemming from an arrest in October. He was also ordered to attend treatment for alcohol addiction.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March