Paul Gascoigne Gets Lucky, DUI Case Dropped
Shamed ex-soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been handed some good news - a drink-driving charge against him has been dropped. The troubled sportsman, who has battled a drinking problem for several years, was accused of driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit last February.
He was due to go on trial at Northallerton Magistrates' Court in North Yorkshire, England on Tuesday , February 15 but officials have confirmed the case has been dismissed. It is believed prosecutors ruled there was no chance of successfully prosecuting Gascoigne after a defense witness made a statement backing the 43 year old.
Gascoigne was handed an eight-week suspended prison term and a three-year driving ban in December after admitting a separate drink-driving charge, stemming from an arrest in October. He was also ordered to attend treatment for alcohol addiction.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'