Paul Gascoigne Gets Lucky, DUI Case Dropped
Shamed ex-soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been handed some good news - a drink-driving charge against him has been dropped. The troubled sportsman, who has battled a drinking problem for several years, was accused of driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit last February.
He was due to go on trial at Northallerton Magistrates' Court in North Yorkshire, England on Tuesday , February 15 but officials have confirmed the case has been dismissed. It is believed prosecutors ruled there was no chance of successfully prosecuting Gascoigne after a defense witness made a statement backing the 43 year old.
Gascoigne was handed an eight-week suspended prison term and a three-year driving ban in December after admitting a separate drink-driving charge, stemming from an arrest in October. He was also ordered to attend treatment for alcohol addiction.
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'