Paul Gascoigne Gets Lucky, DUI Case Dropped
Shamed ex-soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been handed some good news - a drink-driving charge against him has been dropped. The troubled sportsman, who has battled a drinking problem for several years, was accused of driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit last February.
He was due to go on trial at Northallerton Magistrates' Court in North Yorkshire, England on Tuesday , February 15 but officials have confirmed the case has been dismissed. It is believed prosecutors ruled there was no chance of successfully prosecuting Gascoigne after a defense witness made a statement backing the 43 year old.
Gascoigne was handed an eight-week suspended prison term and a three-year driving ban in December after admitting a separate drink-driving charge, stemming from an arrest in October. He was also ordered to attend treatment for alcohol addiction.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny