Paul Gascoigne Gets Lucky, DUI Case Dropped
Shamed ex-soccer star Paul Gascoigne has been handed some good news - a drink-driving charge against him has been dropped. The troubled sportsman, who has battled a drinking problem for several years, was accused of driving while more than four times the legal alcohol limit last February.
He was due to go on trial at Northallerton Magistrates' Court in North Yorkshire, England on Tuesday , February 15 but officials have confirmed the case has been dismissed. It is believed prosecutors ruled there was no chance of successfully prosecuting Gascoigne after a defense witness made a statement backing the 43 year old.
Gascoigne was handed an eight-week suspended prison term and a three-year driving ban in December after admitting a separate drink-driving charge, stemming from an arrest in October. He was also ordered to attend treatment for alcohol addiction.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper