Ellen DeGeneres Is Distant Cousin to Kate Middleton
U.S. comedienne-turned-TV personality Ellen DeGeneres is celebrating after learning she's a distant cousin of royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton. The funnywoman has been joking about getting an invite to England's big wedding in April - and now it appears she has a right to be there.
DeGeneres decided to ask the New England Historic Genealogical Society to poke into her roots to see if she has any royal links - and she was stunned to discover she's the 15th cousin of Britain's future queen. A letter from the ancestry hunters reads, "Our trusty genealogists have been at work on Kate Middleton's genealogy, with the big Royal wedding coming up."
"As we were doing the research, we discovered that you are related to Kate via a man named Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife Agnes Gascoigne. You are distant cousins."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video