Ellen DeGeneres Is Distant Cousin to Kate Middleton
U.S. comedienne-turned-TV personality Ellen DeGeneres is celebrating after learning she's a distant cousin of royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton. The funnywoman has been joking about getting an invite to England's big wedding in April - and now it appears she has a right to be there.
DeGeneres decided to ask the New England Historic Genealogical Society to poke into her roots to see if she has any royal links - and she was stunned to discover she's the 15th cousin of Britain's future queen. A letter from the ancestry hunters reads, "Our trusty genealogists have been at work on Kate Middleton's genealogy, with the big Royal wedding coming up."
"As we were doing the research, we discovered that you are related to Kate via a man named Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife Agnes Gascoigne. You are distant cousins."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special