Ellen DeGeneres Is Distant Cousin to Kate Middleton
U.S. comedienne-turned-TV personality Ellen DeGeneres is celebrating after learning she's a distant cousin of royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton. The funnywoman has been joking about getting an invite to England's big wedding in April - and now it appears she has a right to be there.
DeGeneres decided to ask the New England Historic Genealogical Society to poke into her roots to see if she has any royal links - and she was stunned to discover she's the 15th cousin of Britain's future queen. A letter from the ancestry hunters reads, "Our trusty genealogists have been at work on Kate Middleton's genealogy, with the big Royal wedding coming up."
"As we were doing the research, we discovered that you are related to Kate via a man named Sir Thomas Fairfax and his wife Agnes Gascoigne. You are distant cousins."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist