Amber Heard Set to Be 'Red Sonja'
Model/actress Amber Heard has signed up to replace Rose McGowan in a remake of Brigitte Nielsen's 1985 action film "Red Sonja". The film has been in development for the past five years with directors like Robert Rodriguez and Brett Ratner attached to the project.
Shortly after Rodriguez was linked to the film, a poster of his girlfriend McGowan as Red Sonja hit the Internet, but she has since quit the project, as has the "Planet Terror" moviemaker. Now, "Con Air" and "The Mechanic" director Simon West is in charge of the film and Heard will lead the cast, according to CinemaBlend.com.
Amber Heard made her breakthrough after appearing in "Pineapple Express" and as the lead and title character in "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane". The 24-year-old beauty will be next seen starring opposite Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry" and Johnny Depp in "The Rum Diary".
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson