Amber Heard Set to Be 'Red Sonja'
Model/actress Amber Heard has signed up to replace Rose McGowan in a remake of Brigitte Nielsen's 1985 action film "Red Sonja". The film has been in development for the past five years with directors like Robert Rodriguez and Brett Ratner attached to the project.
Shortly after Rodriguez was linked to the film, a poster of his girlfriend McGowan as Red Sonja hit the Internet, but she has since quit the project, as has the "Planet Terror" moviemaker. Now, "Con Air" and "The Mechanic" director Simon West is in charge of the film and Heard will lead the cast, according to CinemaBlend.com.
Amber Heard made her breakthrough after appearing in "Pineapple Express" and as the lead and title character in "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane". The 24-year-old beauty will be next seen starring opposite Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry" and Johnny Depp in "The Rum Diary".
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split