Amber Heard Set to Be 'Red Sonja'
Model/actress Amber Heard has signed up to replace Rose McGowan in a remake of Brigitte Nielsen's 1985 action film "Red Sonja". The film has been in development for the past five years with directors like Robert Rodriguez and Brett Ratner attached to the project.
Shortly after Rodriguez was linked to the film, a poster of his girlfriend McGowan as Red Sonja hit the Internet, but she has since quit the project, as has the "Planet Terror" moviemaker. Now, "Con Air" and "The Mechanic" director Simon West is in charge of the film and Heard will lead the cast, according to CinemaBlend.com.
Amber Heard made her breakthrough after appearing in "Pineapple Express" and as the lead and title character in "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane". The 24-year-old beauty will be next seen starring opposite Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry" and Johnny Depp in "The Rum Diary".
More Red Sonja News
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him in Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image