Amber Heard Set to Be 'Red Sonja'
Model/actress Amber Heard has signed up to replace Rose McGowan in a remake of Brigitte Nielsen's 1985 action film "Red Sonja". The film has been in development for the past five years with directors like Robert Rodriguez and Brett Ratner attached to the project.
Shortly after Rodriguez was linked to the film, a poster of his girlfriend McGowan as Red Sonja hit the Internet, but she has since quit the project, as has the "Planet Terror" moviemaker. Now, "Con Air" and "The Mechanic" director Simon West is in charge of the film and Heard will lead the cast, according to CinemaBlend.com.
Amber Heard made her breakthrough after appearing in "Pineapple Express" and as the lead and title character in "All The Boys Love Mandy Lane". The 24-year-old beauty will be next seen starring opposite Nicolas Cage in "Drive Angry" and Johnny Depp in "The Rum Diary".
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations