Charlie Sheen Will Be Granted Divorce in May
Charlie Sheen will officially regain his single status in May when a judge signs off on his divorce from Brooke Mueller. The former couple's relationship began unraveling after a Christmas Day bust-up in 2009, which left the "Two and a Half Men" star facing criminal charges.
Mueller and Sheen subsequently split and the troubled actor filed to end their two-year marriage in November. Lawyers for both parties filed final legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, February 10 and the divorce decree will be granted on May 2, according to TMZ.com.
Sheen and Mueller will share joint custody of their twin sons Max and Bob, although the real estate investor will be given primary physical custody and receive $55,000 in child support. The actor will keep the family home in California and pay Mueller $1 million in exchange for her share of the property.
The divorce news comes after a tumultuous few months for Sheen - he's currently undergoing rehab treatment at home after allegedly indulging in a wild night of partying, which ended with the actor in hospital for a hernia.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?