Charlie Sheen Will Be Granted Divorce in May
Charlie Sheen will officially regain his single status in May when a judge signs off on his divorce from Brooke Mueller. The former couple's relationship began unraveling after a Christmas Day bust-up in 2009, which left the "Two and a Half Men" star facing criminal charges.
Mueller and Sheen subsequently split and the troubled actor filed to end their two-year marriage in November. Lawyers for both parties filed final legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, February 10 and the divorce decree will be granted on May 2, according to TMZ.com.
Sheen and Mueller will share joint custody of their twin sons Max and Bob, although the real estate investor will be given primary physical custody and receive $55,000 in child support. The actor will keep the family home in California and pay Mueller $1 million in exchange for her share of the property.
The divorce news comes after a tumultuous few months for Sheen - he's currently undergoing rehab treatment at home after allegedly indulging in a wild night of partying, which ended with the actor in hospital for a hernia.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'