Charlie Sheen Will Be Granted Divorce in May
Charlie Sheen will officially regain his single status in May when a judge signs off on his divorce from Brooke Mueller. The former couple's relationship began unraveling after a Christmas Day bust-up in 2009, which left the "Two and a Half Men" star facing criminal charges.
Mueller and Sheen subsequently split and the troubled actor filed to end their two-year marriage in November. Lawyers for both parties filed final legal papers in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Thursday, February 10 and the divorce decree will be granted on May 2, according to TMZ.com.
Sheen and Mueller will share joint custody of their twin sons Max and Bob, although the real estate investor will be given primary physical custody and receive $55,000 in child support. The actor will keep the family home in California and pay Mueller $1 million in exchange for her share of the property.
The divorce news comes after a tumultuous few months for Sheen - he's currently undergoing rehab treatment at home after allegedly indulging in a wild night of partying, which ended with the actor in hospital for a hernia.
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms