Lindsay Lohan Settle for Plea If No Jail Is Involved
Lindsay Lohan will only settle for a plea deal in her felony grand theft case if prosecutors agree not to send her to prison, according to the actress' lawyer. The "Mean Girls" star entered a not guilty plea in court on Wednesday, February 9 amid allegations she stole a necklace from a jewelery store in Venice, California last month.
Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz revoked her probation stemming from a misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2007, and Lohan is currently free after posting a total of $40,000 bail. The actress claims she took the necklace on loan and her legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, insists the star will only seek to settle the case with Los Angeles prosecutors as long as no jail time is involved.
Holley tells CNN, "Ms. Lohan maintains her innocence, and now that I've seen the police reports, I believe the case is entirely defensible. Having said that, we will entertain a discussion concerning a plea if it means no jail, so that she can move forward with her recovery and her career."
Lohan is next due in court on February 23.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked