Lindsay Lohan Settle for Plea If No Jail Is Involved
Lindsay Lohan will only settle for a plea deal in her felony grand theft case if prosecutors agree not to send her to prison, according to the actress' lawyer. The "Mean Girls" star entered a not guilty plea in court on Wednesday, February 9 amid allegations she stole a necklace from a jewelery store in Venice, California last month.
Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz revoked her probation stemming from a misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2007, and Lohan is currently free after posting a total of $40,000 bail. The actress claims she took the necklace on loan and her legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, insists the star will only seek to settle the case with Los Angeles prosecutors as long as no jail time is involved.
Holley tells CNN, "Ms. Lohan maintains her innocence, and now that I've seen the police reports, I believe the case is entirely defensible. Having said that, we will entertain a discussion concerning a plea if it means no jail, so that she can move forward with her recovery and her career."
Lohan is next due in court on February 23.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set