Lindsay Lohan Settle for Plea If No Jail Is Involved
Lindsay Lohan will only settle for a plea deal in her felony grand theft case if prosecutors agree not to send her to prison, according to the actress' lawyer. The "Mean Girls" star entered a not guilty plea in court on Wednesday, February 9 amid allegations she stole a necklace from a jewelery store in Venice, California last month.
Superior Court Judge Keith L. Schwartz revoked her probation stemming from a misdemeanor DUI conviction in 2007, and Lohan is currently free after posting a total of $40,000 bail. The actress claims she took the necklace on loan and her legal representative, Shawn Chapman Holley, insists the star will only seek to settle the case with Los Angeles prosecutors as long as no jail time is involved.
Holley tells CNN, "Ms. Lohan maintains her innocence, and now that I've seen the police reports, I believe the case is entirely defensible. Having said that, we will entertain a discussion concerning a plea if it means no jail, so that she can move forward with her recovery and her career."
Lohan is next due in court on February 23.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny