Lady GaGa Suffered Food Poisoning During London Show
Lady GaGa refused to cancel a recent show in London when she was diagnosed with food poisoning - despite regularly running off stage to vomit. The "Poker Face" hitmaker performed a string of shows in the U.K. capital as part of her Monster Ball tour, but she admits her performance was marred by illness one night.
She was determined to stage the gig despite feeling unwell - but her upset stomach eventually defeated her. The singer tells Vogue magazine, "I don't know if you knew this, but the other night, in London, I had food poisoning. I was vomiting backstage during the changes. Nobody knew."
"I just Jedi mind-tricked my body. 'You will not vomit onstage'. Because I was also thinking, if I do, they are going to think I'm drunk. And I don't want them to think I am human, let alone drunk. I certainly wouldn't want them to think I had something so ordinary as food poisoning."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered