Lindsay Lohan Almost Left Jewelers With Unpaid Earring
Lindsay Lohan almost walked away without paying for an expensive earring at the same Venice, California jeweler's store where she allegedly stole a necklace, according to a police report. The troubled actress pleaded not guilty to a felony grand-theft charge on Wednesday, February 9 after she was accused of stealing a one-of-a-kind $2,500 necklace from Kamofie & Company last month.
According to police documents obtained by TMZ.com, bosses claim the actress almost left the store wearing an expensive 18-carat gold earring she tried on while perusing the shop just days before she allegedly took the necklace. The report states, "Ms. Lohan gathered her things and started to leave the jewelry store without making a purchase. Ms. Lohan's hair was flipped to one side covering the diamond earring."
"(The clerk) stopped her and reminded Ms. Lohan she was still wearing the earring. Ms. Lohan laughed, admitted to her mistake and removed the earring from her ear and returned it to (the clerk)."
It has also emerged there are discrepancies in the store owner's police statement - in an original report cops were told Lohan took the necklace from around her neck and slipped it into her handbag. However, the owner later insisted the "Mean Girls" star walked away with the piece around her neck.
Lohan, who is adamant she was given the necklace on loan, is currently free on $20,000 bail until her next court appearance on February 23.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3