Michael Buble Appeals for Australian's Flood Donation
Singer Michael Buble has urged his fellow chart stars to donate to Australia's flood appeal after handing over his own cash to boost the relief fund.
The "Crazy Love" hit maker was stunned to see TV news footage last month of Queensland's devastating floods, which have left thousands homeless and killed at least 25 people. He's backing the government's efforts to help communities recover from the environmental disaster and he's also set up a meeting with Queensland Premier Anna Bligh to discuss ways he can help the relief process.
Buble says, "I want to get her opinion and ask her the best way I can help. For me it would be a nice thing if I could challenge other artists who have been given so much by this country to give back. It's amazing what you guys have gone through. It's actually shocking how amazingly resilient you've been, how everybody's banded together, and I was deeply touched when I saw Anna Bligh on television. I've got people I consider family and friends here and you guys have given me a lot, so it was heartbreaking to see it happening."
Kenny Rogers and Sam Worthington are among the stars who have already donated to the appeal.
More Michael Buble News
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free