Michael Buble Appeals for Australian's Flood Donation
Singer Michael Buble has urged his fellow chart stars to donate to Australia's flood appeal after handing over his own cash to boost the relief fund.
The "Crazy Love" hit maker was stunned to see TV news footage last month of Queensland's devastating floods, which have left thousands homeless and killed at least 25 people. He's backing the government's efforts to help communities recover from the environmental disaster and he's also set up a meeting with Queensland Premier Anna Bligh to discuss ways he can help the relief process.
Buble says, "I want to get her opinion and ask her the best way I can help. For me it would be a nice thing if I could challenge other artists who have been given so much by this country to give back. It's amazing what you guys have gone through. It's actually shocking how amazingly resilient you've been, how everybody's banded together, and I was deeply touched when I saw Anna Bligh on television. I've got people I consider family and friends here and you guys have given me a lot, so it was heartbreaking to see it happening."
Kenny Rogers and Sam Worthington are among the stars who have already donated to the appeal.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'