Michael Buble Appeals for Australian's Flood Donation
Singer Michael Buble has urged his fellow chart stars to donate to Australia's flood appeal after handing over his own cash to boost the relief fund.
The "Crazy Love" hit maker was stunned to see TV news footage last month of Queensland's devastating floods, which have left thousands homeless and killed at least 25 people. He's backing the government's efforts to help communities recover from the environmental disaster and he's also set up a meeting with Queensland Premier Anna Bligh to discuss ways he can help the relief process.
Buble says, "I want to get her opinion and ask her the best way I can help. For me it would be a nice thing if I could challenge other artists who have been given so much by this country to give back. It's amazing what you guys have gone through. It's actually shocking how amazingly resilient you've been, how everybody's banded together, and I was deeply touched when I saw Anna Bligh on television. I've got people I consider family and friends here and you guys have given me a lot, so it was heartbreaking to see it happening."
Kenny Rogers and Sam Worthington are among the stars who have already donated to the appeal.
More Michael Buble News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?