Pete Wentz Was a Loner After Ashlee Simpson Split
Devastated Pete Wentz hid his heartache by holing up alone in a hotel room after his marriage to Ashlee Simpson collapsed, according to a new report. The former Fall Out Boy rocker traveled to the Dominican Republic and made an appearance at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana's grand opening just days before the couple's divorce announcement on Wednesday, February 9.
But a source tells ETOnline.com the musician was "out of sorts" during the trip, avoiding other stars and spending most of the time alone in his room. The source says, "We thought (he) was just a moody rock star but it ended up being way more than an act. He stayed in his hotel room the whole time and never took the opportunity to talk to any fellow celebrities. He didn't even enjoy the beach!"
Other reports suggest the couple's marriage crumbled as Wentz continued to pursue his music career after the birth of their son Bronx in 2008. A source tells TMZ.com, "After Bronx was born Ashlee made a conscious decision to get out of the business, but Pete's heart was in music so he kept touring and that became a big issue in their relationship."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame