Aretha Franklin's Stage Return Planned in May
Aretha Franklin will return to the stage in May for a still-to-be announced tribute show. The Queen of Soul worried fans when a health issue prompted her to scrap a series of end-of-year shows in 2010.
She recently dismissed reports she has has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - and now she's making plans to perform the shows she was forced to postpone last year. Her comeback show in May will be "a network special with a lot of artists coming in to do a tribute for me," and her first proper dates will be a three-night stand from June 3-5 at the Fox Theater in Detroit, Michigan.
Franklin is still refusing to reveal all about her recent health problems. Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson will be among the stars paying tribute to Franklin at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 13.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift