Aretha Franklin's Stage Return Planned in May
Aretha Franklin will return to the stage in May for a still-to-be announced tribute show. The Queen of Soul worried fans when a health issue prompted her to scrap a series of end-of-year shows in 2010.
She recently dismissed reports she has has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - and now she's making plans to perform the shows she was forced to postpone last year. Her comeback show in May will be "a network special with a lot of artists coming in to do a tribute for me," and her first proper dates will be a three-night stand from June 3-5 at the Fox Theater in Detroit, Michigan.
Franklin is still refusing to reveal all about her recent health problems. Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson will be among the stars paying tribute to Franklin at the Grammy Awards on Sunday, February 13.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy