'NCIS' Production Halted After Accident on Set Killed Crew Member
Production on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" was shut down on Wednesday, February 9 after a vehicle crashed onto the set and killed a member of the crew. A 60-year-old driver suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and lost control of his passenger van, veering onto the Santa Clarita, California set and claiming the life of a male security guard.
The 52 year old was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition but later died from his injuries. A statement from bosses at TV network CBS reads, "Everyone at the network, the studio and NCIS is devastated by the news"
"Our hearts grieve for his family and friends for this tragic loss. We are, of course, cooperating with the local authorities in Santa Clarita to help determine what caused this terrible accident."
Filming on the police drama has been suspended while authorities investigate the accident.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?