'NCIS' Production Halted After Accident on Set Killed Crew Member
Production on "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" was shut down on Wednesday, February 9 after a vehicle crashed onto the set and killed a member of the crew. A 60-year-old driver suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and lost control of his passenger van, veering onto the Santa Clarita, California set and claiming the life of a male security guard.
The 52 year old was taken to a nearby hospital in critical condition but later died from his injuries. A statement from bosses at TV network CBS reads, "Everyone at the network, the studio and NCIS is devastated by the news"
"Our hearts grieve for his family and friends for this tragic loss. We are, of course, cooperating with the local authorities in Santa Clarita to help determine what caused this terrible accident."
Filming on the police drama has been suspended while authorities investigate the accident.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier