Nicki Minaj Admits Being Teenage Thief
Hip-hop star Nicki Minaj has confessed her criminal past - she stole clothes from shops as a teenager. The "Check It Out" hitmaker admits she and a pal would take items from retailers in a local mall while she was at high school in New York City.
But the thefts led to a brush with authority when security staff caught the pair and banned them from the shop. Minaj tells rock magazine NME, "I remember me and my friend, when we were in high school, we always used to steal clothes. I'll always remember the one time we got busted. It's always stuck with me."
"We didn't get taken away by the cops, but we got manhandled and taken away to the basement. We had to give them our names and they were basically like, 'Because you're so young we'll just ban you from the store.' "
"What's crazy is that I'd been, like, going to the mall with my friend for months and never once realizing that she'd been stealing clothes. Then when I tried to join in we freaking get busted. It was ridiculous!"
More Nicki Minaj News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway