Nicki Minaj Admits Being Teenage Thief
Hip-hop star Nicki Minaj has confessed her criminal past - she stole clothes from shops as a teenager. The "Check It Out" hitmaker admits she and a pal would take items from retailers in a local mall while she was at high school in New York City.
But the thefts led to a brush with authority when security staff caught the pair and banned them from the shop. Minaj tells rock magazine NME, "I remember me and my friend, when we were in high school, we always used to steal clothes. I'll always remember the one time we got busted. It's always stuck with me."
"We didn't get taken away by the cops, but we got manhandled and taken away to the basement. We had to give them our names and they were basically like, 'Because you're so young we'll just ban you from the store.' "
"What's crazy is that I'd been, like, going to the mall with my friend for months and never once realizing that she'd been stealing clothes. Then when I tried to join in we freaking get busted. It was ridiculous!"
More Nicki Minaj News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character