Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth to Receive GLAAD Awards
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be presented with special awards at next month's Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker, who 'came out' in 2010, will receive the Vito Russo Award at the annual prizegiving on March 19 in New York. The accolade is handed to an openly gay media star who has helped promote equal rights.
Meanwhile, Broadway star Chenoweth will also be handed an honor - she'll take home the Vanguard Award at an associated event in Los Angeles on April 10 for "increasing understanding" of the gay and lesbian community.
Chenoweth last year publicly defended gay actors' ability to play straight roles.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie