Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth to Receive GLAAD Awards
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be presented with special awards at next month's Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker, who 'came out' in 2010, will receive the Vito Russo Award at the annual prizegiving on March 19 in New York. The accolade is handed to an openly gay media star who has helped promote equal rights.
Meanwhile, Broadway star Chenoweth will also be handed an honor - she'll take home the Vanguard Award at an associated event in Los Angeles on April 10 for "increasing understanding" of the gay and lesbian community.
Chenoweth last year publicly defended gay actors' ability to play straight roles.
More Ricky Martin News
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway