Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth to Receive GLAAD Awards
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be presented with special awards at next month's Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker, who 'came out' in 2010, will receive the Vito Russo Award at the annual prizegiving on March 19 in New York. The accolade is handed to an openly gay media star who has helped promote equal rights.
Meanwhile, Broadway star Chenoweth will also be handed an honor - she'll take home the Vanguard Award at an associated event in Los Angeles on April 10 for "increasing understanding" of the gay and lesbian community.
Chenoweth last year publicly defended gay actors' ability to play straight roles.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton