Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth to Receive GLAAD Awards
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be presented with special awards at next month's Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker, who 'came out' in 2010, will receive the Vito Russo Award at the annual prizegiving on March 19 in New York. The accolade is handed to an openly gay media star who has helped promote equal rights.
Meanwhile, Broadway star Chenoweth will also be handed an honor - she'll take home the Vanguard Award at an associated event in Los Angeles on April 10 for "increasing understanding" of the gay and lesbian community.
Chenoweth last year publicly defended gay actors' ability to play straight roles.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date