Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth to Receive GLAAD Awards
Ricky Martin and Kristin Chenoweth will be presented with special awards at next month's Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker, who 'came out' in 2010, will receive the Vito Russo Award at the annual prizegiving on March 19 in New York. The accolade is handed to an openly gay media star who has helped promote equal rights.
Meanwhile, Broadway star Chenoweth will also be handed an honor - she'll take home the Vanguard Award at an associated event in Los Angeles on April 10 for "increasing understanding" of the gay and lesbian community.
Chenoweth last year publicly defended gay actors' ability to play straight roles.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up