Ne-Yo Regrets He Passed on Signing Justin Bieber
R&B star Ne-Yo regrets passing up the opportunity to sign Justin Bieber, after seeing the teen sensation's rapid rise to fame. The "Closer" hitmaker was offered the chance to mentor the Baby hitmaker in the mid 2000s but turned his back on the deal because he "didn't know what music to make with an 11-year old boy".
The 16 year old subsequently signed with Usher's company before landing a recording contract with Island Records, and he still looks to the "Yeah!" hitmaker for guidance in his stellar career. And Ne-Yo admits seeing Bieber's phenomenal success has made him sad he didn't sign him.
He tells MTV U.K., "Absolutely... I absolutely regret not signing him. He is hugely talented. If I had signed him, it probably would have worked out the same as Justin is hugely talented and deserves the success."
However, despite the snub Ne-Yo is still working on new music for the teen superstar: "I am writing for Justin but I'm finding it kinda hard as it's a long time since I was 16 years old. At the moment, I'm just playing around with a few ideas for him."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up