David Hasselhoff Slams Reality Shows Despite His Involvement
David Hasselhoff has slammed the rise of reality TV shows, insisting they have "ruined television" - despite his appearances as a judge on "America's Got Talent" and competing in "Dancing with the Stars".
The "Baywatch" actor sat on the panel of the U.S. talent finding series from 2006, but quit his duties after the 2009 season. He signed up for the TV dancing show last year, but was booted off the celebrity contest first - and he's now filming the upcoming season of "Britain's Got Talent".
But despite his heavy involvement in reality shows, Hasselhoff admits he's not a fan of the genre and the impact they have on the quality of programming. Speaking at Britain's Oxford University, he told students, "Reality television has ruined television. It is exploitation of youth."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'