David Hasselhoff Slams Reality Shows Despite His Involvement
David Hasselhoff has slammed the rise of reality TV shows, insisting they have "ruined television" - despite his appearances as a judge on "America's Got Talent" and competing in "Dancing with the Stars".
The "Baywatch" actor sat on the panel of the U.S. talent finding series from 2006, but quit his duties after the 2009 season. He signed up for the TV dancing show last year, but was booted off the celebrity contest first - and he's now filming the upcoming season of "Britain's Got Talent".
But despite his heavy involvement in reality shows, Hasselhoff admits he's not a fan of the genre and the impact they have on the quality of programming. Speaking at Britain's Oxford University, he told students, "Reality television has ruined television. It is exploitation of youth."
More David Hasselhoff News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'