David Hasselhoff Slams Reality Shows Despite His Involvement
David Hasselhoff has slammed the rise of reality TV shows, insisting they have "ruined television" - despite his appearances as a judge on "America's Got Talent" and competing in "Dancing with the Stars".
The "Baywatch" actor sat on the panel of the U.S. talent finding series from 2006, but quit his duties after the 2009 season. He signed up for the TV dancing show last year, but was booted off the celebrity contest first - and he's now filming the upcoming season of "Britain's Got Talent".
But despite his heavy involvement in reality shows, Hasselhoff admits he's not a fan of the genre and the impact they have on the quality of programming. Speaking at Britain's Oxford University, he told students, "Reality television has ruined television. It is exploitation of youth."
More David Hasselhoff News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West