Ed Westwick Keen to Play Musical in West End
"Gossip Girl" star Ed Westwick is desperate to return to his native Britain to star in a play in London's famed West End theatre district. The English actor moved to New York after landing the role of Chuck Bass on the hit teen drama, but he longs to get back to the British capital so he can show off his dramatic talents in a live production.
He says, "(I want to be in) something intimate, so that people can get to know the real me - without a screen in the way. I can sing so perhaps a musical." But Westwick has a wait in store for him before he can fulfill his theater dreams - he has signed up to star in two more seasons of "Gossip Girl".
Earlier this month, Ed Westwick said he's ready to ditch the EW TV series. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else," he said.
- Netflix Is Back After Crash Following 'Luke Cage' Premiere
- Gigi Hadid Trips on Runway at Paris Fashion Week
- Mail Order Bride Comedy Canned by NBC After Getting Backlash
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress