Ed Westwick Keen to Play Musical in West End
"Gossip Girl" star Ed Westwick is desperate to return to his native Britain to star in a play in London's famed West End theatre district. The English actor moved to New York after landing the role of Chuck Bass on the hit teen drama, but he longs to get back to the British capital so he can show off his dramatic talents in a live production.
He says, "(I want to be in) something intimate, so that people can get to know the real me - without a screen in the way. I can sing so perhaps a musical." But Westwick has a wait in store for him before he can fulfill his theater dreams - he has signed up to star in two more seasons of "Gossip Girl".
Earlier this month, Ed Westwick said he's ready to ditch the EW TV series. "The feeling you get when you connect to the work. And that's what I had with Chuck Bass in the beginning - I was fascinated by him. But now, to be completely honest, I'm ready to do something else. Really ready to do something else," he said.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen