Barbra Streisand Confirms to Star in New 'Gypsy' Movie
Barbra Streisand has confirmed reports she's returning to the big screen to star in the film adaptation of musical "Gypsy" - about stripper Gypsy Rose Lee. The singer/actress admits the news leaked "a little early" but she is on board.
She tells the Los Angeles Times, "I am not sure about directing it. It may just be too much. I know I will be playing the part."
Arthur Laurents, who wrote "The Way We Were" for Streisand, let slip about the new movie project, telling the New York Post in January Streisand was in "deep in negotiations to direct, produce and star in a movie version of Gypsy." He insisted the diva was perfect for the role, stating, "She had a mother who she always thought was Mama Rose. I don't want to get into the details, but the point is she knows. She's got it in her. She's going to be much more than people expect."
Rosalind Russell and Bette Midler have starred in previous film versions of "Gypsy".
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'