Barbra Streisand Confirms to Star in New 'Gypsy' Movie
Barbra Streisand has confirmed reports she's returning to the big screen to star in the film adaptation of musical "Gypsy" - about stripper Gypsy Rose Lee. The singer/actress admits the news leaked "a little early" but she is on board.
She tells the Los Angeles Times, "I am not sure about directing it. It may just be too much. I know I will be playing the part."
Arthur Laurents, who wrote "The Way We Were" for Streisand, let slip about the new movie project, telling the New York Post in January Streisand was in "deep in negotiations to direct, produce and star in a movie version of Gypsy." He insisted the diva was perfect for the role, stating, "She had a mother who she always thought was Mama Rose. I don't want to get into the details, but the point is she knows. She's got it in her. She's going to be much more than people expect."
Rosalind Russell and Bette Midler have starred in previous film versions of "Gypsy".
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier