'Mad Men' Creator Gets Vermeil Medal in France
"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner was honored with France's Vermeil Medal for his cultural contributions to society in Paris on Tuesday, February 8. The ceremony took place Paris' City Hall.
His series stars Christina Hendricks and John Slattery joined the writer/producer in the French capital, where he was feted by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe. "I fell in love with Paris through the movies," said Weiner, adding that it was "very meaningful" to be given the award. "I don't get many accolades, I don't get many medals," he continued.
"Mad Men" has wrapped the fourth season in October 2010. The fifth season is scheduled to be aired later this year.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single