'Mad Men' Creator Gets Vermeil Medal in France
"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner was honored with France's Vermeil Medal for his cultural contributions to society in Paris on Tuesday, February 8. The ceremony took place Paris' City Hall.
His series stars Christina Hendricks and John Slattery joined the writer/producer in the French capital, where he was feted by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe. "I fell in love with Paris through the movies," said Weiner, adding that it was "very meaningful" to be given the award. "I don't get many accolades, I don't get many medals," he continued.
"Mad Men" has wrapped the fourth season in October 2010. The fifth season is scheduled to be aired later this year.
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala