'Mad Men' Creator Gets Vermeil Medal in France
"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner was honored with France's Vermeil Medal for his cultural contributions to society in Paris on Tuesday, February 8. The ceremony took place Paris' City Hall.
His series stars Christina Hendricks and John Slattery joined the writer/producer in the French capital, where he was feted by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe. "I fell in love with Paris through the movies," said Weiner, adding that it was "very meaningful" to be given the award. "I don't get many accolades, I don't get many medals," he continued.
"Mad Men" has wrapped the fourth season in October 2010. The fifth season is scheduled to be aired later this year.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'