'Mad Men' Creator Gets Vermeil Medal in France
"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner was honored with France's Vermeil Medal for his cultural contributions to society in Paris on Tuesday, February 8. The ceremony took place Paris' City Hall.
His series stars Christina Hendricks and John Slattery joined the writer/producer in the French capital, where he was feted by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe. "I fell in love with Paris through the movies," said Weiner, adding that it was "very meaningful" to be given the award. "I don't get many accolades, I don't get many medals," he continued.
"Mad Men" has wrapped the fourth season in October 2010. The fifth season is scheduled to be aired later this year.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart