'Mad Men' Creator Gets Vermeil Medal in France
"Mad Men" creator Matthew Weiner was honored with France's Vermeil Medal for his cultural contributions to society in Paris on Tuesday, February 8. The ceremony took place Paris' City Hall.
His series stars Christina Hendricks and John Slattery joined the writer/producer in the French capital, where he was feted by Mayor Bertrand Delanoe. "I fell in love with Paris through the movies," said Weiner, adding that it was "very meaningful" to be given the award. "I don't get many accolades, I don't get many medals," he continued.
"Mad Men" has wrapped the fourth season in October 2010. The fifth season is scheduled to be aired later this year.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'