Christina Aguilera Given a Shot at Redemption by Minor League
Christina Aguilera has been given the opportunity to sing the U.S. National Anthem at a sporting event after mixing up the words to the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6.
The bosses of Minor League baseball team the Brooklyn Cyclones have invited the singer to perform at any of their home games this summer. Aguilera was heavily criticized after she messed up one of the lines of the National Anthem before the Super Bowl in Texas.
The Cyclones are the New York Mets' farm team. A statement from general manager Steve Cohen reads, "When a player makes a mistake, they usually don't get a shot at redemption, but with a singer, that's a different story."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media