Christina Aguilera Given a Shot at Redemption by Minor League
Christina Aguilera has been given the opportunity to sing the U.S. National Anthem at a sporting event after mixing up the words to the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6.
The bosses of Minor League baseball team the Brooklyn Cyclones have invited the singer to perform at any of their home games this summer. Aguilera was heavily criticized after she messed up one of the lines of the National Anthem before the Super Bowl in Texas.
The Cyclones are the New York Mets' farm team. A statement from general manager Steve Cohen reads, "When a player makes a mistake, they usually don't get a shot at redemption, but with a singer, that's a different story."
More Christina Aguilera News
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'