Christina Aguilera Given a Shot at Redemption by Minor League
Christina Aguilera has been given the opportunity to sing the U.S. National Anthem at a sporting event after mixing up the words to the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6.
The bosses of Minor League baseball team the Brooklyn Cyclones have invited the singer to perform at any of their home games this summer. Aguilera was heavily criticized after she messed up one of the lines of the National Anthem before the Super Bowl in Texas.
The Cyclones are the New York Mets' farm team. A statement from general manager Steve Cohen reads, "When a player makes a mistake, they usually don't get a shot at redemption, but with a singer, that's a different story."
More Christina Aguilera News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed