Christina Aguilera Given a Shot at Redemption by Minor League
Christina Aguilera has been given the opportunity to sing the U.S. National Anthem at a sporting event after mixing up the words to the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6.
The bosses of Minor League baseball team the Brooklyn Cyclones have invited the singer to perform at any of their home games this summer. Aguilera was heavily criticized after she messed up one of the lines of the National Anthem before the Super Bowl in Texas.
The Cyclones are the New York Mets' farm team. A statement from general manager Steve Cohen reads, "When a player makes a mistake, they usually don't get a shot at redemption, but with a singer, that's a different story."
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon