Prince Donates $1.5 Million in Madison Square Garden Concert
Soul superstar Prince has handed out $1.5 million to charitable causes during his string of concerts at New York's Madison Square Garden. The "Purple Rain" icon wrapped up his residency at the fabled venue on Monday, February 7, with stars including Whoopi Goldberg, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson and socialite Kim Kardashian among the fans in the audience.
The singer has marked the end of the gigs by donating $1 million to educational charity the Harlem Children's Zone, and a further $250,000 to both the American Ballet Theatre and the Uptown Dance Academy in the Big Apple. And Prince's kind gestures earned him a special mention from Goldberg as she co-hosted daytime talk show "The View" on Tuesday, February 8, praising him for his generosity.
She told viewers, "I just had to shout it out because he's very low key, but he's going around, all over the country, as he's touring, to find places where he feels he can help."
More Prince News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered