Prince Donates $1.5 Million in Madison Square Garden Concert
Soul superstar Prince has handed out $1.5 million to charitable causes during his string of concerts at New York's Madison Square Garden. The "Purple Rain" icon wrapped up his residency at the fabled venue on Monday, February 7, with stars including Whoopi Goldberg, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson and socialite Kim Kardashian among the fans in the audience.
The singer has marked the end of the gigs by donating $1 million to educational charity the Harlem Children's Zone, and a further $250,000 to both the American Ballet Theatre and the Uptown Dance Academy in the Big Apple. And Prince's kind gestures earned him a special mention from Goldberg as she co-hosted daytime talk show "The View" on Tuesday, February 8, praising him for his generosity.
She told viewers, "I just had to shout it out because he's very low key, but he's going around, all over the country, as he's touring, to find places where he feels he can help."
More Prince News
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4