Prince Donates $1.5 Million in Madison Square Garden Concert
Soul superstar Prince has handed out $1.5 million to charitable causes during his string of concerts at New York's Madison Square Garden. The "Purple Rain" icon wrapped up his residency at the fabled venue on Monday, February 7, with stars including Whoopi Goldberg, The Roots drummer Ahmir '?uestlove' Thompson and socialite Kim Kardashian among the fans in the audience.
The singer has marked the end of the gigs by donating $1 million to educational charity the Harlem Children's Zone, and a further $250,000 to both the American Ballet Theatre and the Uptown Dance Academy in the Big Apple. And Prince's kind gestures earned him a special mention from Goldberg as she co-hosted daytime talk show "The View" on Tuesday, February 8, praising him for his generosity.
She told viewers, "I just had to shout it out because he's very low key, but he's going around, all over the country, as he's touring, to find places where he feels he can help."
More Prince News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera