Axl Rose Refuses to Reunite With Slash in Guns N' Roses
Axl Rose has shot down fans' hopes of a reunion with original Guns N' Roses bandmate Slash after the guitar legend revealed he would consider working with the fiery frontman again if he apologized to him. Slash and Duff McKagan quit the group in the 1990s after falling out with Rose, and they went on to form their own band, Velvet Revolver.
The axeman has had little contact with Rose since, but he recently admitted a reunion featuring the original Guns N' Roses line-up could take place - if the singer was prepared to approach him first. He said, "That would be a call I would be surprised to get.... but, if it did happen, I would do whatever it takes to at least have a conversation."
However, Rose has rejected the idea, insisting he has no plans to reconcile with his former pal. Taking to his Twitter.com page, Rose writes, "Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans, nor were there ever for a tour and certainly not to replace anyone in the band, beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals without any real foundation."
Slash reminded fans of the Guns N' Roses glory days when he took to the stage at the Super Bowl on Sunday, February 6 to perform a segment of the rock band's anthem "Sweet Child O' Mine" with the Black Eyed Peas.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses