Ciara Raises Awareness of HIV/AIDS
R&B star Ciara is urging her fans to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS by regularly getting checked for the virus. Monday, February 7 marked America's National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NBHAAD), which was dedicated to instilling the importance of testing and treatment within African-American communities.
Ciara is backing the drive by the Lifebeat organization, and she's reached out to her fans to urge them to get tested for the disease.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she writes, "Today is National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day! Get educated, get tested and get involved!!"
More Ciara News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger