Dina Lohan Takes Aim at Katie Couric for 'Glee' Jab
Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina Lohan has taken aim at the makers of "Glee" for a second time after they poked fun at her in the latest episode of the hit series. In the show, which aired in the U.S. on Sunday, February 6, newsreader Katie Couric informed Jane Lynch's character Sue Sylvester she had been named one of the world's biggest losers, along with Dina and her dog "Sparky Lohan".
The actress' mum was fuming at the reference and has urged Glee bosses to stop making "hurtful" references and instead produce "nice" scenes. She tells E! News, "The show has targeted everyone from gays to lesbians, Asians, disabled and each other... several groups are going after the producers including mothers' groups."
"It's a shame as the dance numbers are amazing, but the writers need to be nice and more creative as opposed to being hurtful. They are sending the wrong message to the youth that are watching. Oh, and I must get a 'fifth' dog named Sparky... as far as Katie Couric is concerned, she has a short memory when the tabloids were trashing her a few years ago - and she's a mom!"
Last year, Dina threatened legal action against the show's makers after Gwyneth Paltrow's character poked fun at her troubled daughter.
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?