Olivia Wilde Ends Her Marriage to Italian Prince
Actress Olivia Wilde has split from her husband, Italian prince Tao Ruspoli, after eight years of marriage. The "Tron: Legacy" beauty eloped with guitarist Ruspoli in 2003, when she was just 19.
A representative for the actress has confirmed to People.com the couple has now parted ways. A source tells the website, "They have been living apart after trying for quite some time to make their relationship work."
Ruspoli's family own the famous Palazzo Ruspoli in Rome. Just last year, Wilde confessed that being married to a European royal wasn't all romance and chivalry - after visiting his family's 14th century castle.
She told Playboy magazine she initially loved the idea of living in a fairytale fortress - until she started snooping around. She explained, "There are dungeons in the basement where they used to torture people. There's a table down there that, when they sanded it, still had blood stains from hundreds of years ago."
More Olivia Wilde News
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd