Release of Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Postponed, Again
The release of Mel Gibson's new film "The Beaver" has been postponed by six weeks. The drama was previously scheduled to open in a limited number of theaters on March 23, with a subsequent wider release on April 8.
But on Monday, February 7, Summit Entertainment executives announced plans to push back the release date - the film will now come out in the U.S. on May 6 and expand on May 20.
It's the latest bump in the road for Gibson's offering, in which he plays a man with depression - the picture was first put on hold when the actor hit the headlines last year amid reports of a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
"The Beaver", directed by Jodie Foster, will premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Texas next month.
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight