Release of Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Postponed, Again
The release of Mel Gibson's new film "The Beaver" has been postponed by six weeks. The drama was previously scheduled to open in a limited number of theaters on March 23, with a subsequent wider release on April 8.
But on Monday, February 7, Summit Entertainment executives announced plans to push back the release date - the film will now come out in the U.S. on May 6 and expand on May 20.
It's the latest bump in the road for Gibson's offering, in which he plays a man with depression - the picture was first put on hold when the actor hit the headlines last year amid reports of a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
"The Beaver", directed by Jodie Foster, will premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Texas next month.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami