Release of Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Postponed, Again
The release of Mel Gibson's new film "The Beaver" has been postponed by six weeks. The drama was previously scheduled to open in a limited number of theaters on March 23, with a subsequent wider release on April 8.
But on Monday, February 7, Summit Entertainment executives announced plans to push back the release date - the film will now come out in the U.S. on May 6 and expand on May 20.
It's the latest bump in the road for Gibson's offering, in which he plays a man with depression - the picture was first put on hold when the actor hit the headlines last year amid reports of a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
"The Beaver", directed by Jodie Foster, will premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Texas next month.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly