Release of Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Postponed, Again
The release of Mel Gibson's new film "The Beaver" has been postponed by six weeks. The drama was previously scheduled to open in a limited number of theaters on March 23, with a subsequent wider release on April 8.
But on Monday, February 7, Summit Entertainment executives announced plans to push back the release date - the film will now come out in the U.S. on May 6 and expand on May 20.
It's the latest bump in the road for Gibson's offering, in which he plays a man with depression - the picture was first put on hold when the actor hit the headlines last year amid reports of a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
"The Beaver", directed by Jodie Foster, will premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Texas next month.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!