Release of Mel Gibson's 'The Beaver' Postponed, Again
The release of Mel Gibson's new film "The Beaver" has been postponed by six weeks. The drama was previously scheduled to open in a limited number of theaters on March 23, with a subsequent wider release on April 8.
But on Monday, February 7, Summit Entertainment executives announced plans to push back the release date - the film will now come out in the U.S. on May 6 and expand on May 20.
It's the latest bump in the road for Gibson's offering, in which he plays a man with depression - the picture was first put on hold when the actor hit the headlines last year amid reports of a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
"The Beaver", directed by Jodie Foster, will premiere at the South by Southwest Film Festival in Texas next month.
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos