Mark Zuckerberg Gets Restraining Order Against Stalker
Facebook.com founder Mark Zuckerberg has obtained a restraining order against a man who reportedly used the social networking site to threaten his safety. Zuckerberg, who is portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg in the Academy Award-nominated movie "The Social Network", has asked a judge to ban Pradeep Manukonda from going anywhere near him after the 31 year old bombarded him with messages via Facebook.
In Zuckerberg's legal filing, Manukonda is accused of attempting to "follow, surveil and contact Mr. Zuckerberg using language threatening his personal safety", as well as the wellbeing of his girlfriend and sister."
According to TMZ.com, Manukonda has visited the Facebook offices in Palo Alto, California to beg Zuckerberg for money for his family. Zuckerberg was also left fearing for his safety after Manukonda sent a handwritten letter to his home and even showed up at his door last month.
The judge has ordered Manukonda to stay at least 300 yards away from Zuckerberg, girlfriend Priscilla Chan and sister Randi, pending a hearing later this month.
More Mark Zuckerberg News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video