Gisele Bundchen Clarified Statement About Sunblock Is 'Poison'
Gisele Bundchen's representative has fired back at reports suggesting the model shuns the use of sunblock, insisting her client was "misquoted" when she allegedly branded protective lotions "poison". The Brazilian beauty is said to have made the controversial comments during the launch of her organic skincare collection, Sejaa, in Sao Paulo on Friday, February 4.
Bundchen came under fire from dermatologists after she was quoted as saying, "I cannot put this poison on my skin. I do not use anything synthetic."Her publicist, Amber Clapp, claims the 30 year old's words were wrongly translated from her native Portuguese to English by the media, because the stunner would "never" avoid sunblock.
She tells People.com, "They misquoted her due to a language barrier. Gisele would never say not to use sunscreen because she has family members who have had skin cancer.She simply stated that her all natural skincare line does not include an SPF product. She followed that line of questions saying she tried to stay out of the sun when it is the strongest between 9am to 4pm.
"When using sunscreens she selects ones that are free of parabens, oxybenzone... and retinyl palmitate... She says, 'Of course I put on sunblock. I don't want to look like a shrimp!'" And Bundchen has taken to her own blog to calm the furore, writing: "I would like to clarify the misunderstanding about the use of sunblock. I do use sunblock but also I try my best not to be exposed to the sun when it is too strong."
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions