Gisele Bundchen Clarified Statement About Sunblock Is 'Poison'
Gisele Bundchen's representative has fired back at reports suggesting the model shuns the use of sunblock, insisting her client was "misquoted" when she allegedly branded protective lotions "poison". The Brazilian beauty is said to have made the controversial comments during the launch of her organic skincare collection, Sejaa, in Sao Paulo on Friday, February 4.
Bundchen came under fire from dermatologists after she was quoted as saying, "I cannot put this poison on my skin. I do not use anything synthetic."Her publicist, Amber Clapp, claims the 30 year old's words were wrongly translated from her native Portuguese to English by the media, because the stunner would "never" avoid sunblock.
She tells People.com, "They misquoted her due to a language barrier. Gisele would never say not to use sunscreen because she has family members who have had skin cancer.She simply stated that her all natural skincare line does not include an SPF product. She followed that line of questions saying she tried to stay out of the sun when it is the strongest between 9am to 4pm.
"When using sunscreens she selects ones that are free of parabens, oxybenzone... and retinyl palmitate... She says, 'Of course I put on sunblock. I don't want to look like a shrimp!'" And Bundchen has taken to her own blog to calm the furore, writing: "I would like to clarify the misunderstanding about the use of sunblock. I do use sunblock but also I try my best not to be exposed to the sun when it is too strong."
More Gisele Bundchen News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake