Barry Manilow Cancels Australian Tour Due to Weather
Veteran singer Barry Manilow has postponed his planned tour of Australia in April due to the extreme weather conditions hitting the country.The state of Queensland, on Australia's East Coast, was battered by raging floods in January, leaving thousands homeless, and the same area was hit by Cyclone Yasi last week.
Fires are currently raging in Perth, Western Australia, and Manilow has subsequently decided to push back his scheduled shows. A statement on the star's website reads, "Due to the current conditions in Australia, Barry's upcoming April tour in Australia has been postponed. All other concert dates, including the U.K. and a few more to be announced are not affected and are on schedule."
No new dates have been announced for the gigs, but promoter Paul Dainty says, "Future plans are presently under discussion."
More Barry Manilow News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal