Tributes Pour In for Thin Lizzy's Former Guitarist Gary Moore
Tributes have poured in for guitar legend Gary Moore, who died on Sunday, February 6 while on holiday in Spain. The former Thin Lizzy star, 58, passed away in a room at the Kempinski Hotel on the Costa del Sol where he was staying with his unnamed girlfriend.
Other musicians have lined up to pay their respects to the "Parisienne Walkways" hitmaker as officials in the resort of Estepona continue to investigate the tragedy. Bob Geldof says, "One of the greatest blues players of all time. Van Morrison, Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore - the glorious trinity of the Irish blues men... His playing was exceptional and beautiful. We won't see his like again."
Henry Rollins tells the Hollywood Reporter, "(It's) a big loss... He was too young to go," and Bryan Adams lauded Moore as a "guitarist extraordinaire". Boy George took to his Twitter.com account to write, "R.I.P Gary Moore! Top guitarist!", while Sharon Osbourne tweeted: "I'm devastated to hear about Gary Moore... much love & respect to his children. He will be sorely missed."
Former Thin Lizzy guitarist Eric Bell says, "I can't believe it. He was so robust, he wasn't a rock casualty, he was a healthy guy. He was a superb player and a dedicated musician." "The Jailbreak" rockers' drummer Brian Downey adds, "I am in total shock. I've known Gary since 1967 and he's been an amazing friend ever since. He will always be in my thoughts and prayers."
Moore checked into the hotel with his girlfriend on Saturday, February 5. They reportedly drank champagne and brandy at a bar and returned to their room at 11pm. Moore was found dead at around 4am. Officials are expected to carry out an autopsy this week to determine the cause of death.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture