Belinda Carlisle Opens Up About Michael Hutchence Affair
Former 1980s pop star Belinda Carlisle has spoken for the first time about her 10-year romance with late rocker Michael Hutchence. The Go-Go's star admits she was infatuated with the INXS frontman, who also dated Helena Christensen, Kylie Minogue and fathered a daughter with British writer Paula Yates.
Carlisle says, "It was more friendship, but I guess you could say romance. He was a heartbreaker, totally. But I was smart enough not to be too serious about someone like that because he'd just break your heart. He had a charisma I've never seen in anyone else."
Carlisle admits it was no shock to hear Hutchence had taken his life in 1997, insisting he had lost his lust for life years before his death. She adds, "There was a moment in 1984 when I had a flash that he wasn't long for this earth. I saw him just before his death and that sparkle was gone. I wasn't really surprised when he died."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri