Belinda Carlisle Opens Up About Michael Hutchence Affair
Former 1980s pop star Belinda Carlisle has spoken for the first time about her 10-year romance with late rocker Michael Hutchence. The Go-Go's star admits she was infatuated with the INXS frontman, who also dated Helena Christensen, Kylie Minogue and fathered a daughter with British writer Paula Yates.
Carlisle says, "It was more friendship, but I guess you could say romance. He was a heartbreaker, totally. But I was smart enough not to be too serious about someone like that because he'd just break your heart. He had a charisma I've never seen in anyone else."
Carlisle admits it was no shock to hear Hutchence had taken his life in 1997, insisting he had lost his lust for life years before his death. She adds, "There was a moment in 1984 when I had a flash that he wasn't long for this earth. I saw him just before his death and that sparkle was gone. I wasn't really surprised when he died."
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6