Belinda Carlisle Opens Up About Michael Hutchence Affair
Former 1980s pop star Belinda Carlisle has spoken for the first time about her 10-year romance with late rocker Michael Hutchence. The Go-Go's star admits she was infatuated with the INXS frontman, who also dated Helena Christensen, Kylie Minogue and fathered a daughter with British writer Paula Yates.
Carlisle says, "It was more friendship, but I guess you could say romance. He was a heartbreaker, totally. But I was smart enough not to be too serious about someone like that because he'd just break your heart. He had a charisma I've never seen in anyone else."
Carlisle admits it was no shock to hear Hutchence had taken his life in 1997, insisting he had lost his lust for life years before his death. She adds, "There was a moment in 1984 when I had a flash that he wasn't long for this earth. I saw him just before his death and that sparkle was gone. I wasn't really surprised when he died."
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video