Baby Elton John Failed to Adopt Finds Home
The baby Sir Elton John failed to adopt in 2009 is set to leave a Ukrainian orphanage to live with his grandmother, just days after the singer pledged to "get him out" of the care home. The "Rocket Man" and his partner David Furnish bid to become parents to little Lev after falling in love with the tot during a visit to the Eastern European facility with the rocker's Aids Foundation two years ago.
Their petition was rejected by Ukrainian officials because of the pair's sexual orientation and the singer's age. Sir Elton has since become a father to Zachary, who was born via a surrogate in December, but pledged earlier this month to continue his fight to find Lev a new home.
He said, "I won't give up on Lev ever, but it has become so horribly complicated. And in the midst of it, this amazing little boy is the one who is suffering. It makes me cry. I will get him out. This is the boy who changed my heart, who planted the seed. I'll never give up on him."
And now the singer/songwriter's dream has come true - Lev and his brother have been allowed to go and live with their grandmother Yulia Ageyeva, according to Britain's News of the World. She says, "I will love and care for them."
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes