Baby Elton John Failed to Adopt Finds Home
The baby Sir Elton John failed to adopt in 2009 is set to leave a Ukrainian orphanage to live with his grandmother, just days after the singer pledged to "get him out" of the care home. The "Rocket Man" and his partner David Furnish bid to become parents to little Lev after falling in love with the tot during a visit to the Eastern European facility with the rocker's Aids Foundation two years ago.
Their petition was rejected by Ukrainian officials because of the pair's sexual orientation and the singer's age. Sir Elton has since become a father to Zachary, who was born via a surrogate in December, but pledged earlier this month to continue his fight to find Lev a new home.
He said, "I won't give up on Lev ever, but it has become so horribly complicated. And in the midst of it, this amazing little boy is the one who is suffering. It makes me cry. I will get him out. This is the boy who changed my heart, who planted the seed. I'll never give up on him."
And now the singer/songwriter's dream has come true - Lev and his brother have been allowed to go and live with their grandmother Yulia Ageyeva, according to Britain's News of the World. She says, "I will love and care for them."
More Elton John News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak