Baby Elton John Failed to Adopt Finds Home
The baby Sir Elton John failed to adopt in 2009 is set to leave a Ukrainian orphanage to live with his grandmother, just days after the singer pledged to "get him out" of the care home. The "Rocket Man" and his partner David Furnish bid to become parents to little Lev after falling in love with the tot during a visit to the Eastern European facility with the rocker's Aids Foundation two years ago.
Their petition was rejected by Ukrainian officials because of the pair's sexual orientation and the singer's age. Sir Elton has since become a father to Zachary, who was born via a surrogate in December, but pledged earlier this month to continue his fight to find Lev a new home.
He said, "I won't give up on Lev ever, but it has become so horribly complicated. And in the midst of it, this amazing little boy is the one who is suffering. It makes me cry. I will get him out. This is the boy who changed my heart, who planted the seed. I'll never give up on him."
And now the singer/songwriter's dream has come true - Lev and his brother have been allowed to go and live with their grandmother Yulia Ageyeva, according to Britain's News of the World. She says, "I will love and care for them."
More Elton John News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie