Vivienne Westwood Angry Over Forest Sale
Fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood is fuming over the British government's plan to sell off sections of public forests in England. The style icon has branded the scheme "stupid" and offered her signature to a letter by the Save England's Forests campaign over concerns about conservation.
She tells Britain's The Times Magazine, "It's bare-faced cheek. It's ridiculous. They should get a life. Trees save lives. That's it... We all know governments just want to keep their jobs." Dame Vivienne reveals she loved walking through England's Peak District in her youth, although she no longer heads out to the countryside.
She adds, "I'm too busy to go walking in the woods. I hardly ever do it. But I certainly want to know it's there. People were very shocked when their water was somehow or other owned by a French company. The forest is a more emotional thing. It's like taking away your heritage."
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch