Vivienne Westwood Angry Over Forest Sale
Fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood is fuming over the British government's plan to sell off sections of public forests in England. The style icon has branded the scheme "stupid" and offered her signature to a letter by the Save England's Forests campaign over concerns about conservation.
She tells Britain's The Times Magazine, "It's bare-faced cheek. It's ridiculous. They should get a life. Trees save lives. That's it... We all know governments just want to keep their jobs." Dame Vivienne reveals she loved walking through England's Peak District in her youth, although she no longer heads out to the countryside.
She adds, "I'm too busy to go walking in the woods. I hardly ever do it. But I certainly want to know it's there. People were very shocked when their water was somehow or other owned by a French company. The forest is a more emotional thing. It's like taking away your heritage."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign