Vivienne Westwood Angry Over Forest Sale
Fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood is fuming over the British government's plan to sell off sections of public forests in England. The style icon has branded the scheme "stupid" and offered her signature to a letter by the Save England's Forests campaign over concerns about conservation.
She tells Britain's The Times Magazine, "It's bare-faced cheek. It's ridiculous. They should get a life. Trees save lives. That's it... We all know governments just want to keep their jobs." Dame Vivienne reveals she loved walking through England's Peak District in her youth, although she no longer heads out to the countryside.
She adds, "I'm too busy to go walking in the woods. I hardly ever do it. But I certainly want to know it's there. People were very shocked when their water was somehow or other owned by a French company. The forest is a more emotional thing. It's like taking away your heritage."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'