Vivienne Westwood Angry Over Forest Sale
Fashion designer Dame Vivienne Westwood is fuming over the British government's plan to sell off sections of public forests in England. The style icon has branded the scheme "stupid" and offered her signature to a letter by the Save England's Forests campaign over concerns about conservation.
She tells Britain's The Times Magazine, "It's bare-faced cheek. It's ridiculous. They should get a life. Trees save lives. That's it... We all know governments just want to keep their jobs." Dame Vivienne reveals she loved walking through England's Peak District in her youth, although she no longer heads out to the countryside.
She adds, "I'm too busy to go walking in the woods. I hardly ever do it. But I certainly want to know it's there. People were very shocked when their water was somehow or other owned by a French company. The forest is a more emotional thing. It's like taking away your heritage."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy