James McAvoy Offers to Play Elton John in Upcoming Biopic
James McAvoy is ready to step into Sir Elton John's shoes to bring his life story to the big screen - the rocker reveals the "Atonement" star has "already offered" to take on the lead in an upcoming biopic. The Rocket Man and his partner, Canadian film producer David Furnish, are teaming up with British screenwriter Lee Hall for the new project.
They're hunting for an actor to play Sir Elton, and the singer/songwriter admits McAvoy could be in with a chance. He tells Britain's Sunday Express, "James could do it and he's already offered. I'd just like to make a really great film about my life story."
"We have a great script already by Lee Hall, who wrote Billy Elliot. Obviously it's not going to be your normal run-of-the-mill film because my life has been kind of crazy, and I think it's important to do a surrealistic take on my life. I'd love to do that. This business is so incredible."
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake