James McAvoy Offers to Play Elton John in Upcoming Biopic
James McAvoy is ready to step into Sir Elton John's shoes to bring his life story to the big screen - the rocker reveals the "Atonement" star has "already offered" to take on the lead in an upcoming biopic. The Rocket Man and his partner, Canadian film producer David Furnish, are teaming up with British screenwriter Lee Hall for the new project.
They're hunting for an actor to play Sir Elton, and the singer/songwriter admits McAvoy could be in with a chance. He tells Britain's Sunday Express, "James could do it and he's already offered. I'd just like to make a really great film about my life story."
"We have a great script already by Lee Hall, who wrote Billy Elliot. Obviously it's not going to be your normal run-of-the-mill film because my life has been kind of crazy, and I think it's important to do a surrealistic take on my life. I'd love to do that. This business is so incredible."
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell