James McAvoy Offers to Play Elton John in Upcoming Biopic
James McAvoy is ready to step into Sir Elton John's shoes to bring his life story to the big screen - the rocker reveals the "Atonement" star has "already offered" to take on the lead in an upcoming biopic. The Rocket Man and his partner, Canadian film producer David Furnish, are teaming up with British screenwriter Lee Hall for the new project.
They're hunting for an actor to play Sir Elton, and the singer/songwriter admits McAvoy could be in with a chance. He tells Britain's Sunday Express, "James could do it and he's already offered. I'd just like to make a really great film about my life story."
"We have a great script already by Lee Hall, who wrote Billy Elliot. Obviously it's not going to be your normal run-of-the-mill film because my life has been kind of crazy, and I think it's important to do a surrealistic take on my life. I'd love to do that. This business is so incredible."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign