Formula One Racer Robert Kubica Injured in Italian Rally
Formula One race ace Robert Kubica has suffered serious injuries following a car crash during an Italian rally. The Polish Lotus Renault team driver, 26, was airlifted to the Santa Corona di Pietra Ligure Hospital after losing control of his Skoda Fabia car during the Ronde de Andorra rally near Testico, and crashing at high speeds.
Reports suggest he has suffered multiple injuries to his arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery as medics attempt to restore the functionality of his right hand, according to Kubica's manager Daniel Morelli. The 2011 Formula One season begins in Bahrain on March 13.
"The surgeons are trying to restore the functionality of the right hand. They must now think about the muscle function, but Robert has a very strong temper and will succeed," Morelli said.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked