Formula One Racer Robert Kubica Injured in Italian Rally
Formula One race ace Robert Kubica has suffered serious injuries following a car crash during an Italian rally. The Polish Lotus Renault team driver, 26, was airlifted to the Santa Corona di Pietra Ligure Hospital after losing control of his Skoda Fabia car during the Ronde de Andorra rally near Testico, and crashing at high speeds.
Reports suggest he has suffered multiple injuries to his arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery as medics attempt to restore the functionality of his right hand, according to Kubica's manager Daniel Morelli. The 2011 Formula One season begins in Bahrain on March 13.
"The surgeons are trying to restore the functionality of the right hand. They must now think about the muscle function, but Robert has a very strong temper and will succeed," Morelli said.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game