Formula One Racer Robert Kubica Injured in Italian Rally
Formula One race ace Robert Kubica has suffered serious injuries following a car crash during an Italian rally. The Polish Lotus Renault team driver, 26, was airlifted to the Santa Corona di Pietra Ligure Hospital after losing control of his Skoda Fabia car during the Ronde de Andorra rally near Testico, and crashing at high speeds.
Reports suggest he has suffered multiple injuries to his arm, leg and hand. He is currently undergoing surgery as medics attempt to restore the functionality of his right hand, according to Kubica's manager Daniel Morelli. The 2011 Formula One season begins in Bahrain on March 13.
"The surgeons are trying to restore the functionality of the right hand. They must now think about the muscle function, but Robert has a very strong temper and will succeed," Morelli said.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation